Re: ECPG - Some errno definitions don't match to the manual

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Satoshi Nagayasu <satoshi(dot)nagayasu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ECPG - Some errno definitions don't match to the manual
Date: 2010-09-30 23:58:36
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

Satoshi Nagayasu wrote:
> I think the easiest way to avoid(my) misunderstanding is
> to put some note, like "Use Git to make your patch",
> on the Coding page.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/coding

If you visit that page again right now, you'll find it hard to reach a
destination that doesn't talk about git instead of CVS. "Information
about the Source Code Repository", the FAQ, "Developer Section on
wiki.postgresql.org", every one of those has now been corrected. The
one way left you can still get the impression the project uses CVS will
go away when 9.0.1 ships, but even that one is a secondary link--one you
only see after a visit to a page talking about git.

Thanks for the report and sorry about the confusion. I don't think
people who visit the "Coding" page are likely to run into the problem
you did at this point anymore. Everything that can be easily cleaned up
is now, and that one stray CVS reference will go away shortly.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support www.2ndQuadrant.us