Re: srpm odd spec file?

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com>
To: mark <dvlhntr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: srpm odd spec file?
Date: 2010-09-29 17:10:29
Lists: pgsql-novice

mark wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> So my configuration manager and I sat down to get pg 9.0 into our
> build/code repo today and hit some oddities and was wondering if I was
> just doing it wrong on my end or if there might be an issue with the
> srpm download for RHEL 5 x86_64.
>

> I downloaded the srpm and used that to make a rpm for our own internal
> use, the odd thing was a lot of the pathing from the spec file seemed
> to use directory paths that was, I thought, only used in beta roll outs.
>

> e.g. a lot of the pathing was /usr/pgsql-9.0/ (when I thought final
> releases were always without the version number in the dir name)
>

> can someone who knows what they are doing just take a quick look and
> see if I am wrong or if maybe something was missed when 9.0 went final?
>

> Thanks
>

> ..: Mark

No, I installed the final RPM packages from the official Yum repository
for CentOS and RH EL5 and they do contain separate binary path. The
reason is the pg_upgrade utility which needs the path to old binaries
and the path to new binaries. I was able to do an upgrade without losing
the data.

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA