Re: Success Story : French Social Services now using PostgreSQL

From: phb07 <phb07(at)apra(dot)asso(dot)fr>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Success Story : French Social Services now using PostgreSQL
Date: 2010-09-29 10:52:15
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi Josh,

As a consultant at Bull company, I have been largely involved in CNAF
migration project.
Here is the very latest PR from Bull about the project.

http://www.wcm.bull.com/internet/pr/rend.jsp?DocId=594915&lang=en

To my mind, the quote from Marc Pavie could be added to those displayed
in the "Featured User" zone of the postgresql.org home page.
He says :

"The choice of PostgreSQL reiterates our commitment to Open Source. With
Bull as prime contractor, we migrated without any difficulty. With
PostgreSQL we are now benefitting from new functionality which is
contributing to the optimization of our information system. But most
importantly the solution offers levels of robustness and performance
largely in line with our production imperatives and challenges at a
national level relating to the quality of our services."

And as far as I can see everyday, it's true !!!

Regards.
Philippe Beaudoin.