Re: [BUGS] Mapping Hibernate boolean to smallint(Postgresql)

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<mamasa(at)stagirus(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] Mapping Hibernate boolean to smallint(Postgresql)
Date: 2010-09-29 11:54:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

stagirus wrote:

> This discussion is getting overly political, legal and religious.

No. I only asked you to demonstrate the problem, rather than
continue with statements too vague to be useful for debugging.

> You have already noted above that boolean values and integer values
> are interchangeable as per the JDBC 4.0 Spec.

No. Re-read that. I noted which conversions are allowed through
setObject and getObject in particular circumstances. I was guessing
at what you might be using, in the absence of any hard information.
Since these seem to work per the spec, you're not doing that. So, I
can't do anything else to help unless you show us what you *are*
doing. I'd like to help, but I'm done guessing.

> Why are you now asking me to prove it?

So that I can see where the problem is.

> I posted a common sense question. I requested for an advice why
> Postgresql is not working in a seemingly obvious scenario.

Someone tried replicating what they thought you were describing, and
everything worked.

> Please advise so that we can put this discussion to rest.

See if any of the suggestions you've gotten from people who know
Hibernate work, or supply enough information for someone to be able
to replicate your issue. A self-contained example which can run
starting from an empty database is the best. A description with less
hand-waving and more detail might suffice.

-Kevin