Re: ECPG - Some errno definitions don't match to the manual

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Satoshi Nagayasu <satoshi(dot)nagayasu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ECPG - Some errno definitions don't match to the manual
Date: 2010-09-28 01:31:59
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

Satoshi Nagayasu wrote:
> Oops, I visited a page describing about the coderepository
> from here:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/coding

I just made a pass through the wiki cleaning up all of the outdated CVS
related stuff I knew of there that this page was pointing to. It's a
sequential group of 9 changes to revert if we're forsaken and somehow
this conversion stops. Main thing left with obsolete info is
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/cvs.html

> Yeah, I know the code repository has been moved to Git,
> but I believed that Git and anon-cvs are available
> since the doc mentions with them both.

If the patch you generated applies to the git version of the repo
cleanly, you may be fine for now. The anon-cvs version is mainly
intended as a source to get a copy of the source code just to compile or
read, not to develop patches against. For that it would be better to
switch to git when you get some time to spend on that.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support www.2ndQuadrant.us