Re: BUG #5667: install failure

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Roedy Green <roedyg(at)mindprod(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5667: install failure
Date: 2010-09-21 19:35:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Roedy replied only to me, not to the list, so I'm reproducing his post
verbatim below. Sorry about the top-post, but I want to preserve his
reply intact.

Roedy: please use "reply all" so others can benefit from the discussion too.

Roedy notes in his mail that "I use the Take Command command interpreter
from JPSoft to launch the exe". Presumably the installer executable,
though it'd be nice to confirm this.

I'm wondering if Take Command might be messing up the environment,
possibly in a way that's causing vbs execution to fail.

A good start would be to take this Take Command software out of the
equation completely and see if the problem can still be reproduced.
Roedy: please try running the installer directly from the normal Windows
shell, or preferably on a machine without Take Command on it, and see if
you can reproduce the problem.

--
Craig Ringer