Re: pgAdmin III 1.12: Toolbar issue on modern windows

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pg(at)kuhnsteffen(dot)de
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III 1.12: Toolbar issue on modern windows
Date: 2010-09-21 13:56:20
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Steffen,

Le 21/09/2010 12:12, Steffen Kuhn a écrit :
> [...]
> today I had had the chance to check this issue on Windows 7 and everything is fine.
> As further check I removed the key HKCU\Software\pgAdmin III\frmStatus from the registry of my Vista box
> and e evoila everything is fine on Vista.
> I've no idea where this is coming from; may be this comes from my version beeing upgraded from the betas in combination with a missing
> perspective update for this case - but I just guessing.

We have a setting telling the size of some component
(FRMSTATUS_PERSPECTIVE_VER in this case). The setting depended on the
release number you installed. One reason could be that, since the git
migration, the release "number" is not updated. Previously, we used the
SVN commit id, which increments automatically. Maybe I forgot to do it
last time I changed the setting. According to GIT, it doesn't seem to be
happening. Probably an effect of using dev releases. Can't tell you more
right now.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr