Re: Introducing Myself

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Vaibhav Kaushal" <vaibhavkaushal123(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Introducing Myself
Date: 2010-09-16 13:44:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Vaibhav Kaushal <vaibhavkaushal123(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> please show me the way, at least to the terms which you people
> use when developing.

You should probably start with this page, and follow its links:

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/

> I think its time I move on to the development section of the 9
> series of the DB. Am I right?

There's really no such things as a "9 series". You need to
understand the version numbering better:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/index.html
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/ext.backend.html

> where are the functions located in the source tree.

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/ext.backend_dirs.html

Those links should get you started....

-Kevin