Re: Send a command to postgres and close the program

From: Fabien Jalabert <fabien(dot)jalabert(at)laposte(dot)net>
To: Thiago Godoi <thiagogodoi10(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Send a command to postgres and close the program
Date: 2010-09-08 12:09:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

There is nothing that allows it on JDBC in my mind. Perhaps something on
PG that could launch background task ?

There are perhaps two workarounds :
- on linux/unix, detach the process from console or launch process that
the user should not own (because I believe user when disconnects close
its process)
- your command push a command in a queue in a table and a trigger pop
this instruction...or using cron features perhaps ...