Re: [pgsql-www] Example indenting

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Thom Brown" <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>,<pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Erik Rijkers" <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Example indenting
Date: 2010-08-29 15:10:21
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-www

Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:

> Okay, as per Robert's suggestion, I've changed all
> example/definition/synopsis boxes to grey, and followed Dave's
> suggestion of restoring borders and making the default text colour
> black for all boxed content. Bear in mind the rubbish screenshot
> app I'm using heavily compresses the image, so elements aren't
> appearing as clear as they should do.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/dark_ixion/4937010683/sizes/o/

For me, that's the easiest to read so far. With a lot of the other
distractions cleaned up, I wonder if it's worth throwing another
version up with subtle shadows on the boxes which have rounded
corners. I think that glitzes things up enough to make it more
pleasing visually, without really distracting me. Of course if its
distracting enough for anyone to annoy or detract from usability
then they don't belong -- I just wonder if they might have
previously been seen as distracting largely because of they were
next to all those eye-grabbing colors....

-Kevin