Re: Performance Farm Release

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, "Scott I(dot) Luxenberg" <Scott(dot)Luxenberg(at)noblis(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance Farm Release
Date: 2010-08-27 22:03:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Kevin Grittner wrote:
> I actually understood that part, but was already wondering if it
> could be bent to slightly different purposes. It seems as though
> there would be value to using it to evaluate the performance impact
> of a proposed patch, at least on a limited basis, *before* a commit

Eventual design here presumed that this would reach the point where one
of the sources you might want to pull from to test performance of was a
different git branch than the main one. That's what I was planning to
do with it.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.us