Re: Large object support in ecpg

From: Bosco Rama <postgres(at)boscorama(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Large object support in ecpg
Date: 2010-08-26 00:02:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi again,

Bosco Rama wrote:

> This is probably an FAQ but is there any direct support of large
> objects in ECPG?

So from the lack of response I assume not. I certainly couldn't find
any reference to large objects in the ecpg docs, web or any forums.

The issue I have is that I want to integrate a large object into a
transaction started in a function using ecpg. This means I have to
use ecpg to perform the large object 'write' (I'd prefer a stream
methodology) or 'import'. Either that or I need to grab a reference
to the connection used by the ecpg lib and use it in some PQ code.
I'm not sure I can do either of those as it stands now.

I guess I could also try ecpg against a transaction started in PQ code
but that seems even more fraught with danger. And is even less obvious.

BTW, we are using 8.4.4 right now.

Any words of wisdom from the ecpg cognoscenti?

Thanks for any help with this.

Bosco.