Re: git: uh-oh

From: Michael Haggerty <mhagger(at)alum(dot)mit(dot)edu>
To: Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: git: uh-oh
Date: 2010-08-18 05:34:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alex Hunsaker wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 13:52, Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> How sure are we that its not the cvs2svn step that is screwing it up?
>
> urp, I jumped to a conclusion while skimming the cvs2git.options file
> Magnus posted. With all the references to svn and things like
> "GitRevisionRecorder('cvs2svn-tmp/git-blob.dat')". It sure sounded
> like it converts to svn first and then to git... im not sure what it
> does.

cvs2git converts directly from CVS to git. There is no intermediate SVN
step. However, given that cvs2git is built on top of cvs2svn, it is
true that some subversion terminology appears in the configuration file
and even in some of the manufactured commit messages.

Michael
the cvs2svn/cvs2git maintainer