Re: shared_preload_libraries is ignored in single user mode

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PgSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: shared_preload_libraries is ignored in single user mode
Date: 2010-08-17 03:43:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(2010/08/17 11:37), Robert Haas wrote:
>> I might have a reason why the script need to launch in single-user
>> mode, but it is not clear right now, sorry.
>
> Another point here is that I wonder if we really need to label system
> objects at all. Are you applying the same label to all of them? If
> so, perhaps it might be feasible to set up the code so that it simply
> assumes that label for every object in the pg_catalog namespace.

No, SELinux provides APIs to suggest what database object should have
what security label on initialization time.
(selabel_open(3), selabel_lookup(3) and selabel_close(3))

It depends on configurations by system admin, so we cannot assume
a certain label for every object in a certain namespace.

> And if you're NOT setting the label the same way on all of them, then
> there's a maintenance issue to think about.

Right, I don't want to have multiple way to label them.

Thanks,