Re: patch: General purpose utility functions used by the JSON data type

From: Mike Fowler <mike(at)mlfowler(dot)com>
To: Joseph Adams <joeyadams3(dot)14159(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: patch: General purpose utility functions used by the JSON data type
Date: 2010-08-13 09:54:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 13/08/10 10:45, Joseph Adams wrote:
> This patch doesn't include tests . How would I go about writing them?
>
> I have made the JSON data type built-in, and I will post that patch
> shortly (it depends on this one). The built-in JSON data type uses
> all of these utility functions, and the tests for the JSON data type
> pass.

Joseph,

Most existing data types have a regression SQL script in
src/test/regress/sql. Using one of them as an example to draw some
inspiration from, you should be able to write a 'json.sql' script that
exercises the data type and it's supporting functions. Full instructions
can be found at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Regression_test_authoring

Regards,

--
Mike Fowler