Re: Financial Support for US PostgreSQL Groups

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Financial Support for US PostgreSQL Groups
Date: 2010-08-10 00:17:42
Lists: sfpug

Josh,

Thanks! Glad to know that's there for the next time we do a special event.

> * There is only 1000.00 USD available in total per calendar month.
> First come, first serve.

$12,000 per year? That's quite a bit. I have some suggestions on what
this could be spent on:

a) meetup.com memberships for any PUG which wants them, since we don't
have another solution for calendaring/RSVPs.

b) PUG "getting started" money which pays for food etc. for new PUGs.
In general, I think your emphasis should be on supporting new/struggling
PUGs rather than well-established ones like SFPUG which can look after
themselves.

c) Special events, like once-a-year PGDays.

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.