Patch on roles query for pgAdmin with a Greenplum database

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Chuck McDevitt <cmcdevitt(at)greenplum(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Patch on roles query for pgAdmin with a Greenplum database
Date: 2010-08-04 06:18:47
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Chuck,

As you sent some patches for pgAdmin to work better with Greenplum
database, I'm wondering if you could try this patch on 1.12 branch with
a Greenplum database. As I don't have one, it's not easy to check if it
works as I supposed.

The issue is explained here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2010-08/msg00001.php. The
OP sees a lot of queries from pgAdmin, always the same and it seems
related to our roles query. I've changed the CreateObjects method so
that we didn't launch one query for each user. But I'm not sure it works.

Can you try it?

Thanks.

Regards.

--