Re: "Mons" in JDBC driver

From: Alexander Yerenkow <yerenkow(at)uct(dot)ua>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "Mons" in JDBC driver
Date: 2010-08-03 06:57:17
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

02.08.2010 23:02, Kris Jurka пишет:

> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010, Richard Broersma wrote:
>
>> [IntervalStyle can be changed]
>>

> Hmm. The JDBC driver explicitly sets DateStyle and complains loudly if
> someone attempts to change it. I guess we should do the same for
> IntervalStyle as well.
>
> Kris Jurka
Maybe my question was wrong :)

What is reason of Months are written as "mons" in this IntervalStyles?
1. Is this some wide term, for shortening months?
2. Is this described in any SQL standards? I have no access to these not
freely available standards, to check myself.
3. Is this just historical thing?

Thank you.