Re: 9442-92C3-C7E6 : CONSULT from pgsql-announce (post)

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 9442-92C3-C7E6 : CONSULT from pgsql-announce (post)
Date: 2010-08-02 23:52:35
Lists: pgsql-www

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Continuent, on the other hand, is a supporter of PostgreSQL.org with
> both time and money, has only a few off-topic posts, and has been
> profusely apologetic about their lack of list control.

Right, I was a bit less ticked about discovering that my personal and
the pgsql-announce messages showed up again today after seeing Eero's
apology. David, congratulations; I think you've finally escalated this
to reach the right level now, now that the company CEO is obviously
being embarrassed with each additional message that goes out.

Since this looks like an outsourcing job gone horribly awry that they
may not be able to confirm a fix of immediately, would it be reasonable
to ask for an expected resolution date from Continuent? I think that if
they can commit to a relatively soon date for "this won't ever happen
again", that might be sufficient to send the angry villagers at home if
it holds this time.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.us