Re: JDBC behaviour

From: Kevin Wooten <kdubb(at)me(dot)com>
To: Sridhar N Bamandlapally <sridhar(dot)bn1(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JDBC behaviour
Date: 2016-02-18 17:33:13
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

Using ‘psql’ executing your example would yield the same result, a command error would cause a required rollback before proceeding. This tells you that this is how PostgreSQL, the database, is designed to work. It has nothing to do with the Java driver implementation.

You are asking the creators of a client driver implementation to change a fundamental behavior of the database. Repeatedly people have suggested you take this up with those creating the actual database (that’s the request to move this to the ‘-hackers’ list); yet you persist.

I’m only chiming in because it’s getting quite annoying to have you keep this thread alive when the situation has been made quite clear to you.