Re: BUG #5568: will not install

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Lowell Harris" <lharris(at)goldstandardit(dot)com>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5568: will not install
Date: 2010-07-22 18:33:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Lowell Harris" <lharris(at)goldstandardit(dot)com> wrote:

> I keep getting an error message:
> "An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtime installer"
> This computer has MS Visual Studion 2005 and I also went ot
> Microsoft and updated the CV++ runtimes.

What was the URL of the download you're installing? Exactly what
steps did you take to attempt installation?

> I found an install string in your support forum

Which was?

> it tried to install, but I received another error message near the
end of hte installation process.

Which was?

> The program itself won't connect to the local host server.

So the server is running?

> On and on and on.

If you want useful suggestions, a bit more detail is needed.

> I'm somewhat disapointed that the Best Database in the World
> won';t even install?

Well, it installs just fine for most users; so the question is:
what's different in your case? You need to give us a lot more
detail to be able to determine that.

> Any thoughts?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

-Kevin