Re: bg worker: overview

From: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bg worker: overview
Date: 2010-07-17 11:53:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sorry, hit send too early.

On 07/17/2010 01:47 PM, Markus Wanner wrote:
> I think that I commented the source code pretty extensively, however,
> that's a subjective feeling.

Take this phrase.

> I'm under the impression, that I commented the source code pretty well.

Scratch that, please.

:-)

You wrote:
>> Let's go for this in stages. If we can get something basic and useful
>> for lots of people in this commitfest, we can layer on the other stuff
>> later.

Hm.. agreed. That's why I split into dynshmem, imessages and steps 1 - 6
of bgworker.

I'm expecting controversy and discussion about dynshmem, which is a
dependency of all of my other patches. So, maybe we should start there?

Or what kind of staging did you have in mind?

Regards

Markus