Re: explain.c: why trace PlanState and Plan trees separately?

From: Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: explain.c: why trace PlanState and Plan trees separately?
Date: 2010-07-13 15:21:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>>> The reason I'm on about this at the moment is that I think I see how to
>>> get ruleutils to print PARAM_EXEC Params as the referenced expression
>>> rather than $N ...
>>>
>> Wouldn't this obfuscate the plan more than printing subplan arguments at
>> the call site?
>>

> It would if subplans could have more than one call site, but they can't.
>
> I do intend to force qualification of Vars that are printed as a result
> of param expansion;

Will the new referenced expression printing also be used when printing
subplans?

If yes, I do not have to submit the latest version of a patch I made for
subplan argument printing (discussed earlier in this thread
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-02/msg01602.php)

regards,
Yeb Havinga