Re: ECPG Documentation Improvement

From: Satoshi Nagayasu <satoshi(dot)nagayasu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ECPG Documentation Improvement
Date: 2010-07-08 09:50:51
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-interfaces

Hi all,

As I mentioned, I have been working to improve the ECPG official manual,
trying to understand details, and adding more descriptions and examples
in a past few weeks.

I think now is the time to introduce this work again, and hope some of
you to look inside the new documents. And also I want to discuss how
to contribute to the official manual.

New ECPG manual (Zip file)
http://code.google.com/p/ecpgdocs/downloads/detail?name=ecpg_html.zip

Current ECPG manual
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/ecpg.html

I have refined and reorganized the ECPG manual from the viewpoint of
application developers who don't have deep knowledge about PostgreSQL
and its internals.

The work is still in progress, but the whole structure and the core
chapters have almost been fixed.

So, I want someone who is interested in the ECPG and/or documentation
to look inside the documents.

Any feedback and comments would be appreciated.

Regards,

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <satoshi(dot)nagayasu(at)gmail(dot)com>