Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.
Date: 2010-07-07 22:48:23
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On 7/6/10 8:06 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> It might be that nobody's using any values other than 0 and -1 ...
> in which case it wouldn't matter anyway. I agree that the lack of
> bug reports is notable. But still, don't we try to avoid behavioral
> changes in stable branches?

I think most people are doing what I was doing: looking at the values in
the logs, and writing math appropriately. Most of the other log output
isn't documented well, and the output values are obviously bytes, so
frankly it never occurred to me to check the docs.

Agreed that backporting the fix to 8.3 and 8.4 is infeasible.

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.