Re: pgAdmin on Mac OS X

From: leon-pg(at)comvision(dot)com
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin on Mac OS X
Date: 2005-01-11 14:08:41
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi, everyone! I'm new here.

Adam, thanks for the build instructions. I was excited to see pgAdmin
finally running on my Powerbook! I was able to connect to my db server,
although I had to tab to the password field, which was below the bottom
of the Connect dialog. The program seems to be usable AFAICT.

A couple of comments/questions:
1. The size of the Connect dialog is incorrect (as noted above), so
that the password field is not visable.
2. I can't seem to change the font in Preferences. For some reason I
think I'd like to use a monospaced font (old habits die hard). It think
there may be a button I can't see in the Prefs dialog because it's too
small for me to see the right end of the Font box.
3. Cmd-M to minimize doesn't work. This is obviously a very minor
problem, but I'm trying to be thorough here! (Cmd-H to hide does work
nicely, though.)

I'm going to try using pgAdmin on the Mac instead of my WinXP box for a
couple of days. I'm sure I'll have more feedback soon.

I hope this is helpful... I'm afraid that I don't know much C++ and
won't really be able to actually fix any of these problems myself.

Thanks again!

Leon