Re: Connecting to postgresql using SSPI via JDBC

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Idan Miller <idan(dot)miller(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connecting to postgresql using SSPI via JDBC
Date: 2010-06-29 00:31:21
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

SSPI is supported only on windows clients. If you try authenticating
from a Linux client against a SSPI requiring server you will get an
error similar to the JDBC driver exception indicating that it is not
supported. Supporting SSPI only on windows for Java would require
linking with native code which we don't want to do. Unless you need
NTLM support, I don't see why you wouldn't use GSSAPI which is supported
on all platforms including the JDBC driver.

Kris Jurka