Re: Admission Control

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Jesper Krogh" <jesper(at)krogh(dot)cc>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Admission Control
Date: 2010-06-28 20:48:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jesper Krogh <jesper(at)krogh(dot)cc> wrote:

> I have not hit any issues with the work_mem being too high, but
> I'm absolutely sure that I could flood the system if they happened
> to be working at the same time.

OK, now that I understand your workload, I agree that a connection
pool at the transaction level won't do you much good. Something
which limited the concurrent *query* count, or an execution
admission controller based on resource usage, could save you from
occasional random incidents of resource over-usage.

-Kevin