Re: PG dump and restore

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dennis C <dcswest(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>, questions(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG dump and restore
Date: 2010-06-25 18:29:53
Lists: pgsql-general

On 06/25/2010 09:04 AM, Dennis C wrote:
> It says "Trading-Access: gzip compressed data, from Unix"
>
> About the idea of not using pg_restore for these dumps, what I'm still
> missing is how it's worked for all these years before. Are there now more
> stringent standards being enforced?

You have restored from these dumps using pg_restore?

The command below says create a plain text file that has commands to
clean database objects before recreating and store text in file
./Trading-Access using gzip compression at level 5:

/opt/local/lib/postgresql84/bin/pg_dump -c -f ./Trading-Access -Z 5
Trading-Access

To restore I would think you need to gunzip ./Trading-Access and then
feed the file to psql.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com