GSoC - code of implementation of materialized views

From: Pavel Baros <baros(dot)p(at)seznam(dot)cz>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: GSoC - code of implementation of materialized views
Date: 2010-06-25 15:12:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On http://github.com/pbaros/postgres can be seen changes and my attempt
to implement materialized views. The first commit to the repository
implements following:

Materialized view can be created, dropped and used in SELECT statement.

CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW mvname AS SELECT ...;
DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW mvname [CASCADE];
SELECT * FROM mvname;

also works:
COMMENT ON MATERIALIZED VIEW mvname IS 'etc.';
SELECT pg_get_viewdef(mvname);

Also, I would like to ask for advise if there are rules about specifying
keyword is reserved or unreserved. How I recognize new keywords
MATERIALIZED and REFRESH should be reserved or not.

thanks

Pavel Baros