question about partitioning

From: Joshua Gooding <JGooding(at)ttitech(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: question about partitioning
Date: 2010-06-24 13:05:11
Lists: pgsql-sql

Right now I am in the process of migrating an Oracle DB over to Postgres
8.4.3. The table is partitioned by size. Is there anyway to partition
the new postgres table by size? I created some partitions for the new
table, but I didn't give postgres any rules to partition by, so I have
250M test records in one table. Any ideas or thoughts on how to build
the rules for the table by size would be greatly appreciated.

--
Joshua Gooding
Software Engineer

w: 304-233-5680 x 308