ECPG/SQLDA question - parsing an "interval" binary form

From: Satoshi Nagayasu <satoshi(dot)nagayasu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ECPG/SQLDA question - parsing an "interval" binary form
Date: 2010-06-23 02:43:25
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all,

I have a question on parsing an "interval" binary form.

I'm working on ECPG/SQLDA things, and being stuck in front of
retreiving "interval" values.

Through SQLDA, "interval" values are returned in the 12 bytes binary form,
so I have to parse it to use the interval values in the host program.

interval form: '10 years 5 hours 10 minutes 1 second'::interval
binary form: 40 bc b4 54 04 00 00 00 78 00 00 00

However, I don't have an appropriate way to parse and convert it
into host variable structures, like "time_t", "struct tm" or else.

Do you have any good way or good routine to parse the PostgreSQL
"interval" binary form for the host (C language) program?

Regards,

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <satoshi(dot)nagayasu(at)gmail(dot)com>