Inserting additional data into pg_statistics

From: Teodor Macicas <teodor(dot)macicas(at)epfl(dot)ch>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Inserting additional data into pg_statistics
Date: 2010-06-19 14:51:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, but I have a problem and couldn't find a solution so I
hope you will help me.
I'm trying to reproduce the pg_statistics catalog from one database
server to another one. To retrieve the data from the first server was a
trivial job. The trouble was when I tryied to insert new record to
pg_statistic table on the second server.

To be more precise, I want to run this [0] query and I'm struggling with
this error [1]. The query is generated by pg_dump. Anyways, it will be
the same problem if I write the SQL statement by hand.
So, has anyone any ideas how can I insert new record to pg_statistics
system catalog ?

[0] INSERT INTO pg_statistic
VALUES (
54655,1,0,26,-1,2,3,0,0,1058,1058,0,0,null,'{1}',null,null,'{"AFRICA
","AMERICA"}',null,null,null );

[1] SQL error:
ERROR: cannot accept a value of type anyarray

Thank you a lot.
Looking forward for your replies.
-Tedy