Re: Java .pgpass reader

From: Scott Langley <slangley(at)scharp(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Java .pgpass reader
Date: 2010-06-16 21:35:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Chris:

Would you be willing to share your code for this?

I'm still wanting to / planning to implement this for an individual JDBC
connection as the Java process that will use it runs once a week as a
cron job.

And to Radoslaw:

Your point about the relatively weak security of storing passwords in
.pgpass files is well-taken. But I'm neither the SysAdmin nor the DBA
at where I work so I can't easily change policy. However, we are at
least required to change our database passwords on a regular basis.

Scott