Re: ANNOUNCE list (was Re: New PGXN Extension site)

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE list (was Re: New PGXN Extension site)
Date: 2010-06-16 17:34:09
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

> Why is there significant delay on important posts, yet some posts go
> almost straight though? Every time I use Announce my posts are delayed
> for about 4-5 days.
>
> Why do some posts jump the queue, appearing to imply the moderator is
> being selective in releasing some, yet not others?
>
> Do we need some more moderators?

Yes.

Currently the only moderators for -announce are Marc and Greg S-M. This
means that you can get your announce through quickly if you follow up a
posting to that list with a private e-mail to one of them; otherwise,
stuff tends to lag for several days. Or there are a couple of
pass-throughs, for release announcements and PWN, which are not moderated.

I've asked several times that we add additional moderators for -announce.

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.