Unicode x ANSI speed

From: alexandre - aldeia digital <alexandre(at)ad2(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unicode x ANSI speed
Date: 2010-06-14 21:49:44
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I use Windows XP/Vista/Seven 32bit clients.

My database is huge and are UTF-8 encoded.

I notice that in some tests, if I use the ANSI driver, the same routine
is 50% more fast than using Unicode. I need to use the use declare/fetch
all the time. If I disable it the behaviour is the same: the speed is
noticeable fast in ANSI driver.

Best regards,

--
Alexandre