[v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance
Date: 2010-06-14 09:03:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The attached patch tries to add one more security hook on the
initialization of PostgreSQL instance (InitPostgres()).

It gives the external security module a chance to initialize itself,
and acquire credential of the client.

I assumed the best place to initialize the module is just after the
initialize_acl() invocation, if ESP is available.
We have not discussed about this hook yet. So, I'd like to see any
comments.

Thanks,

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgsql-v9.1-add-init-hook.1.patch application/octect-stream 3.0 KB