Re: BOF at pgCon?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BOF at pgCon?
Date: 2010-06-10 17:01:05
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers

Greg,

As you've already read, the BOF turned into more of a social thing. The
closing session ran over, and by the time we started the BOF we had to
move to the pub or we'd have lost most of the attendees to hunger.

As it was, we had about 25 people in one wing of the pub. Several
clustering users introduced themselves and why they were interested in
clustering. Tellingly, even in this small sample (around 12 users) we
had a full range of reasons to cluster: failover, continuous HA, read
scalability, write scalability, burst traffic tolerance.

Then the various clustering projects present (Slony, PostgresXC, Skype,
pgPool2) introduced themselves. At that point, we divided into groups
discussing different clustering technologies.

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.