Re: Re: BUG #5490: Using distinct for select list causes insert of timestamp string literal to fail

From: Farid Zidan <farid(at)zidsoft(dot)com>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: BUG #5490: Using distinct for select list causes insert of timestamp string literal to fail
Date: 2010-06-06 01:12:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dimitri

This is the last you will hear from me about this issue. I would have
stopped repsonding long time ago, but I kept getting responses that
required reply. Do not knock on the door if you don't want someone to
answer the door.

There is no point in spending more of my time explaining to you simple
things you seem incapable of understanding. You make no technical point,
you make a personal opinion. You are entitled to your opinion. Software
is not built on personal opinions, software is built on good
technical/logical analysis of issues of which you offer none.

I really did not expect a debate. I reported an issue that is clearly a
bug. I expected "yes, we see, we will address this at some point, thank
you." I really don't mind explaining the issue, but what I do mind is
people like you who don't have a technical understanding of the issue
and nonetheless appoint themselves to speak for PostgreSQL/MySQL or any
organization about things they do not understand.

Dmitri, it is good you don't work for me, for if you did you would not
have a job. The plight of the software industry is people who when
confronted with a logical argument revert to ad hominem response because
they have no valid technical response.

And of course you should speak only for yourself because you are not
PostgreSQL and you don't not represent PostgreSQL or anbody else in the
collaborative software development spirit. The arrogance you show is
appalling.

> Until and unless you do so, I don't think posting here again on this
> issue has any value, for you nor for us. You're abusing the time of lots
> of people who are both busy and helpful, so please try to understand the
> advices and analysis they've been offering to you
I see no technical analysis in your response. If you too busy to engage
in logical debate, you should remove yourself from the bug list.
Software is built on logical analysis. You are too busy, do not participate.

Farid

--
www.zidsoft.com <http://www.zidsoft.com/> CompareData: compare and
synchronize SQL DBMS data visually between two databases using ODBC drivers