PG backup performance

From: Isabella Ghiurea <isabella(dot)ghiurea(at)nrc-cnrc(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PG backup performance
Date: 2010-05-31 16:05:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello PG list,
I 'm looking for some tip, advice toimprove PG backups performance,
presently running
pg_dumpall compressed option on raid array 0 getting aprox14GB writes
in 45 min, I'm backing up aprox 200GB database cluster daily .
How can I improve this performance with the present hardware and PG
version 8.3.6 , can I run parallel backups in PG ?
Thank you
Isabella

Isabella A. Ghiurea

Isabella(dot)Ghiurea(at)nrc-cnrc(dot)gc(dot)ca
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre |http://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/services/hia/data-centre.html
National Research Council of Canada, Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics
5071 West Saanich Road, Victoria BC V9E 2E7, Canada
Phone: 250 363-3446 fax: 250 363-0045