LATIN1 on windows

From: Thomas Hallgren <thomas(at)tada(dot)se>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LATIN1 on windows
Date: 2010-05-30 16:35:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I'm writing an instruction on how to install a PostgreSQL service on
windows. I want to keep it as simple as possible and would therefor very
much like to rely on the pre-packaged installer. For various reasons the
install has to be Swedish LATIN1 and I have concluded that this can be
achieved by using locale Swedish_Sweden.28591 (or sv_SE.28591). Unless
I'm missing something, the windows installer doesn't allow that to be
specified.

So what is the simplest way to do this? I've tried this:

- Install using the windows installer.
- Stop the service
- Wipe the data folder
- Do an initdb --locale=sv_SE.28591 -U postgres
- Start the service again

Is there an easier way? Is there an easy way to make a custom installer?

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren