Re: Best starter book

From: Dan Halbert <halbert(at)halwitz(dot)org>
To: NOVICE Postgres elist <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Best starter book
Date: 2010-05-22 15:51:06
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 5/21/2010 11:11 AM, Donn Washburn wrote:
> What would be a good starter book.

I looked at several PostgreSQL-specific books about a year ago, and
picked this one:
Beginning Databases with PostgreSQL: From Novice to Professional, Second
Edition
http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Databases-PostgreSQL-Novice-Professional/dp/1590594789

This is an intelligently written database intro book that covers both
general database topics and PostgreSQL-specific topics. I had Oracle and
MySQL experience beforehand, but still found this book quite useful. It
is true now that I generally refer to the documentation.

Dan