Re: Exception 'org.postgresql.util.PSQLException' could not be instantiated

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Krutik Frank <krutikf(at)We-plan-IT(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Exception 'org.postgresql.util.PSQLException' could not be instantiated
Date: 2010-05-16 08:36:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Krutik Frank wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have a problem to get a PSQLException. The reason is Hessian as
> transport layer. Hessian de-/serializes every Object automatically (Java
> Reflection) and needs for every object an standard constructor without
> parameters. your actual driver version don't includes a version
> of org.postgresql.util.PSQLException with a standard constructor without
> parameters.

Well.. you are correct, it doesn't include such a constructor, because
there's no need for it.

There are probably many other incompatibilities with Hessian. I don't
know if applying something like Hessian directly to the driver's objects
is a sensible thing to do. You probably want a wrapper layer.

-O