Re: Clarification required: autovacuum and VACUUM command mode

From: Lewis Kapell <lkapell(at)setonhome(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Clarification required: autovacuum and VACUUM command mode
Date: 2010-05-14 15:24:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Yes, the query planner is part of Postgres itself. Here are some pages
of the manual that talk about the planner and how it works:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/using-explain.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/planner-stats.html

And this talks about configuration options to control (or at least
influence) what the planner does:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/runtime-config-query.html

- Lewis