Clustering features for upcoming developer meeting -- please claim yours!

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgresCluster ML <pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Clustering features for upcoming developer meeting -- please claim yours!
Date: 2010-05-06 23:42:49
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers

CLH,

The pgCon developer meeting is coming up next week. We have a tentative
agenda item to discuss clustering features, but we need to know
specifically *what* we are going to discuss.

As a reminder, the list of features is here:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/ClusterFeatures

Of these, the following seem well-defined enough to be worth talkign
about. The question to answer is,
(a) which features actually have someone on THIS list who plans to work
on them?
(b) will that person be at pgCon?

Please claim features which you are ready to talk about, ASAP. Thanks!

* Export snapshots to other sessions - 11
* Global deadlock detection - 9
* API into the Parser / Parser as an independent module - 9
* Start/stop archiving at runtime - 8
* XID feed - 4 (included because XC seems to have written this)

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.