Re: PgPool II configuration with PostgreSQL 8.4

From: Marcos Ortiz <mlortiz(at)uci(dot)cu>
To: Neha Mehta <Neha(dot)Mehta(at)lntinfotech(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgPool II configuration with PostgreSQL 8.4
Date: 2010-05-06 06:29:51
Lists: pgsql-performance

El 06/05/2010 6:17, Neha Mehta escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to have synchronous master-master replication in
> PostgreSQL8.4 using PgPool II. I am not able to configure PgPool on
> the system, it gives me an error, libpq is not installed or libpq is old.
>
> I have tried the command , ./configure --with-pgsql = PostgreSQL dir
> --with-pgsql-libdir = PostgreSQL dir/lib/
>
> But still could not resolve the issue.
>
> /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/
>
> /Thanks & Regards,/
>
> /Neha Mehta/

> This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
> intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please
> do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and
> delete it from your system.

PgPool-II is a master-slave system, if you want to use a Master-Master
System yo can take a look to Bucardo(http://www.bucardo.org)
Which is the error?
Have you installed all dependencies of PgPool? libpq5 for example.
Which is you operating system?

We need all this information to help to find a certain solution.

Regards