Re: Reg: SQL Query for Postgres 8.4.3

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Srinivas Naik" <naik(dot)srinu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Mark Kirkwood" <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>, "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Erik Rijkers" <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: Reg: SQL Query for Postgres 8.4.3
Date: 2010-05-04 18:45:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Srinivas Naik <naik(dot)srinu(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Actually, the installed versions are below
> *postgresql-8.3*

> I just wanted to know how severe it is and how it can effect the
> database to result Memory Corruption/DoS.

Well, you're clearly *not* on 8.3.10, or you would not get the
error. Perhaps you should apply the latest bug fixes?

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/release.html

As far as I know it isn't any more conducive to DoS attacks than,
say, your average syntax error; however, if you're trying to keep
that risk low, you should be keeping up with the minor releases
anyway.

-Kevin