Re: missing file in git repo

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Alexey Klyukin <alexk(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "cedric(dot)villemain(dot)debian" <cedric(dot)villemain(dot)debian(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: missing file in git repo
Date: 2010-05-03 17:06:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
> But your case of trying to "automatically" build/track the branch heads
> for the buildfarm w/ git has a lot more strict requirements of the
> *incremental* *conversion* *of* *CVS* than any of us had/have...

Actually, the thing that has recently annoyed me most has nothing to do
with the buildfarm. I wanted to use git cherry-pick to backport
something and the brokenness of the back branches in the git repo made
that a non-starter. Saying "oh, well, if we really moved to git this
wouldn't be an issue" doesn't help me much.

cheers

andrew