Re: revoke select right on pg_proc

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: revoke select right on pg_proc
Date: 2010-04-27 13:56:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 27/04/2010 15:50, Quan Zongliang a écrit :
> in fact, that guy should not list anything in pgAdmin?
> he said he can list views. it is weird.
>
> in my test, i can select data in psql from tables that select right
> has been granted. but I can't list and object in pgAdmin.

You can surely do \d in psql but you won't be able to do \d tablename.
In the first one, psql doesn't need to check triggers, but it needs to
do so in the second one (or at least, I suppose so).

That's also why you can't have the list of tables in pgAdmin. The query
pgAdmin fires tries to get informations on triggers in pg_proc. It fails
because of lack of permission.

That guy should use pgAdmin with a superuser, not a user with limited
rights. (I hope this limit will be over on 1.14, but it's still there
even in 1.12)

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org