Re: Authentication failed when Password contains Japaneese Charecters

From: Ader Javier <javierader(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Authentication failed when Password contains Japaneese Charecters
Date: 2010-04-21 04:10:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Try change the encoding of sesssions at database nivel to UTF8; this
encoding is taked as default for sessions
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-alterdatabase.html ; try
ALTER DATABASE databasename SET ENCODING TO 'UTF8'
(or maybe UFT8 directly).
or if this don't work try
ALTER DATABASE databasename SET client_encoding TO 'UTF8'
or.... from Java set the econding of connections on creation or
configuration time (I don't know where exactly, but sure it's possible).